Tuesday, January 31, 2017

St Helena Bay


Before we knew it, the year came in with a bang and we are already one twelfth into the new year. Only eleven more months to go. I am well aware that this post is - what most people would call, 'late;' but this is my space for self expression. And on this space I declare that there are no rules.

December may seem like ages ago but I cannot help but reminisce at the wonderful memories made. I had such a wonderful time that I feel the need to share it, whether it be the first of February or not. If anything, it illustrates the lasting impression and great difference that this holiday has made.

Through mid to the end of December we visited a beautiful town two hours from Cape Town. Most of you might be familiar with Vredenberg and Paternoster which are neighboring towns on the West Coast. We were happy to get a beautiful house on the beach. We were blessed with something as simple as no internet connection, no malls, a quiet neighborhood and beautiful weather.

What made this holiday stand out from so many others was the well needed time out. It was at this time that I decided to take a social media break. I even went as far as deleting Whatsapp. The only form of interaction that was needed was between me and the people around me. Aside from being more engaged with my family, I found a form of inner peace that surfaced from being involved in activities that made me feel more present.

I took two books along. I read one of my own, after that I got lost in a book shelf owned by the owners of the house. Aside from reading, absorbing and pretty much breathing each literary interpretation in; running on the beach, watching and listening to the crash of waves and watching the sunset everyday fed my soul in a way nothing much on this Earth can do. This brought about a couple of realizations which are important to me: unplugging from social media is never a bad thing, it can do more good than harm; what we search for is always right in front of us, lastly, it is so important to take time to nurture your inner being.

If you are keen on visiting this highly recommended town, we found this house here. Have a look at the gallery (not all pictures are included in this post) thereafter, I am sure your mind will be made up.

 All pictures (except the opening picture of this post) are property of Cape Villa Rentals.


No comments:

Post a Comment