Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Harry Potter And The Cursed Child: Launch Party

Let's get this out there, I love Harry Potter. In fact, words cannot describe the way this wonderful series makes me feel. It's a mix between excitement, immense joy but has the ability to make me relax and focus on something beautifully enchanting. 

I'll admit that I found the first book hard to get into. I was ten and - very honestly, I was lazy. My English teacher sung the books praises but I was hearing none of it, until the first movie came out the following year. Yes, it captured me. I immediately started the first book that night and soon, finished all the books that were released at the time. 

Later, J.K Rowling launched a few more and I remember the excitement it brought about. Waiting in line to get our copies, having discussions with my school peers trying to figure out what would happened next. It was exhilarating and we'd always make sure we were the first to watch the movies when they came out. 

We were most definitely disappointed when it all came to an end but it made for wonderful memories which we cherish today. 

I was so happy when I heard about The Cursed Child Launch Party. I roped my nieces in and we got dressed up and at 11pm on Saturday 30th July we Ubered to Exclusive Books in Hyde Park. 

The queue to get the book was one of the longest I've seen, taking up two whole floors of the mall. Coffee shops and a few restaurants stayed open to cater for this. The fans created a wonderful atmosphere while the Exclusive Books staff dressed up, enacting their favorite characters and giving out prizes. 

At 1am the queue started moving past a black curtain. After the curtain, a wonderful experience was created while we waited to get our hands on the book ...

 
 Hogwarts students 
 The errr ... Boy who lived.
 Professor Dumbledore and the sorting hat.
 
 Past the black curtain.
 
  Dementors everywhere
 Professor Snape teaching potions
 
   Time for the Bean Boozle challenge.
 Finally! 
 
We had some well earned pizza after everything. Life Grand Café was open until 3am and had a Harry Potter themed menu. It was needed after the long and enjoyable night we had.

I know lots of fans were disappointed by the party, I guess I was too but at the end of the day it's what you make of it. I walked out of the mall exhausted but fulfilled and happy that this wonderful series can follow me into my adult life. Here's to more memories and endless Harry Potter discussions!

No comments:

Post a Comment