Monday, September 12, 2016

Wind Beneath My Wings

I thought this title was suitable as Spring is here - a semi windy time for us Joburgers. I'm quite chuffed with these shoe wings. I first saw them in an Adidas ad a while back and wished I could have them, luckily found them the other day whilst doing store visits away from work. 

I'm not the type of woman who wears dresses often. It's something everyone points out and I wish they'd get over it. However, this dress appealed to me. From time to time I feel the need for unusual items and was drawn to this dress for the fabric, cut and colour. I am quite a denim fan and there are many options to choose from seeing as though it's quite a trend but quality must always take precedence. Since it's a simple style, I decided to add some badges to funk it up a bit. This new badge and patch trend has me so excited. I love being able to customise what I wear as it speaks to my need to creatively express myself. 

I added the tights to brighten this outfit up and thought it was the perfect transitional piece seeing as tho it's still windy and I get cold so easily. Lastly, I love my shoe wings! My family members seem to think it's slightly juvenile but my inner child needs to be expressed from time to time. 

I don't have much more to say today but I hope you enjoyed. 

Eid Mubarak to those celebrating. 

 

 

 


 
 

 

... And one more of the shoe wings because I just can't resist. I know there are paint stains but I refuse to part with these sneakers on this basis. I feel it gives them a comfortable, worn in look and some character - although, I'm vigilant about which clothes I choose to wear on painting days and expeditions. 

 

Dress: River Island
Tights and Earrings: H&M
Badges and Shoe Wings: Cotton On
Superga's: Sportscene
Casio Watch: Superbalist 

Photos: Ziyaad Osman 

2 comments:

  1. A Fashion designer is born. I love your creativity and your style, always be the person you are. And not what someone elsr wants you to be.

    Ebintus

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Fashion designer is born. I love your creativity and your style, always be the person you are. And not what someone elsr wants you to be.

    Ebintus

    ReplyDelete